Emerson School was named after Ralph Waldo Emerson.
He was a poet, essayist, and lecturer of the mid-19th century.
Emerson School first opened in 1895. It was a different building than our current one.
It served grades kindergarten through eighth.
A new building was erected in 1931. This is now our north wing.
An addition that connected the buildings was constructed on to the south in 1957.
We celebrated our centennial in 1995.
Check out some photographs from our history in our "photo album" on this website.
Here are a few inspirational quotes from some of Ralph Waldo Emerson's writings and speeches.
Even though he passed away almost 135 years ago, his words still apply today.